For 5 – 6 people: 1 chicken to cut into pieces.
1 can of coconut milk / or 1 coconut
Coconut powder / grate the coconut meat
4 cloves of garlic
1 chicken bouillon or 1 bouillon cube (Kub, Avecrem) +1/2 l of water
6 beautiful apples
1 piece of fresh ginger
8 peeled cardamom seeds / or cardamom powder
Salt and pepper
Basmati rice: 1 handle per person.
Cut the chicken into fairly small pieces, flour and then return to the pan with butter and oil or only oil.
When everything is browned add garlic, salt and pepper + 1 tablespoon of curry + 1 grated raw apple + fresh ginger peeled and grated + ½ tablespoon of cardamom powder + 1 can of coconut milk.
Let it cook gently for about 1 hour, check, taste and adjust the seasoning. You can add the bouillon cube if the sauce seems too thick
Prepare the accompagnement:
– Bananas: cut into slices and drizzle with lemon juice so that they do not darken.
– Pineapple: peel and cut into small pieces
– Apples: Peel, remove the core and cut into slices. Cook in a pan with butter and keep warm until ready to serve.
– Indian cooked rice: throw rice in boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
In separate bowls we can add:
– Chutney: a typically spicy and sweet Indian spice that can be made with mango, fig, oranges, etc.
– Coconut powder very useful to soothe the taste buds in case you have been heavy handed on the curry.